Governor of Anambra state, Willie Obiano has announced a locked down the state for another two weeks following reported first positive case of Coronavirus in the state.
Obiano in the Special Broadcast in the state claimed that the first index case came from Lagos and efforts are in top gear to ensure that everyone one in contact with Index case is brought into net .
He said, “The index case came in from Lagos. He has been placed in one of our Protective Care Centers. At the same time, we have commenced aggressive Contact Tracing to ensure that everyone he came in contact with is brought into the net for a professional handling that will save lives. However, as it has turned out, the fight has just started
“I urge you not to panic over this. It did not take us by surprise. We are adequately prepared to handle the situation.
— Anambra State (@Anambrastate_ng) April 11, 2020
“We have trained enough manpower on how to handle Covid-19 cases and our Protective Care Centers are among the best in the country at the moment. On the strength of this, I urge you to stand strong in prayer and faith. We shall flatten the curve on this case to prevent further spread of the virus. ”
The state has already raised over N75m cash donations to fight Coronavirus in the state.
Among the donors are:
- UBA Plc – N28, 500,000,
- Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo- N10M,
- Ibeto Petrochemical – N10M,
- J. I Ejison of Ejison International Ltd – N5M,
- Dr. Clem Nwogbo (Awka Millennium City) N5M,
- Chief Ejeson Ukeje N5M,
- Chief Daniel Chukwudozie (Dozzy Oil) N2M,
- Senator Victor Umeh N2M,
- His Royal Highness,
- Igwe Gerald Mbamalu (Igwe Ojoto) N1M,
- Ezeemo Godwin Chukwunenye N500,000,
- Obinna Okechukwu Nwosu N3000,
- 7Com Enterprises N2000,
- Chief Chidi Anyaegbu (Chisco) N10M,
- Aguleri World Forum N2M ,
- Dr Godwin Okafor (WINCO Foam) N2M ,
- Cutix Plc,
- Medical equipment and supplies ,
- Ozo Jude Agumadu (Baby Awka) N500,000,
- Soludo Support Group N1M
- Chief Barrister Hyacinth Maduagwu N1M
- Ozonkpu Dr. Victor Ike Oye (APGA National Chairman) N3M,
- United Anambra Youth Assembly (U-AYA) and,
- United Anambra Women Assembly (U-AWA) N1M